where all are welcome but few will stay


6.06.2007

Stuff For the Kiddies

Being an English major people are always asking me what I would recommend for kids. The only children's literature class I took focused more on subversive children's literature, but it at least open my eyes to another form that can be more interesting than adult fiction.

A couple new children's books are getting some well deserved recognition, and though I haven't read them myself, the topics and/or authors seem interesting. So give'em a try and let me know what you think...

Different Like Coco by Elizabeth Matthews
About the life of legendary fashion designer Coco Channel. How an impoverished girl became a fashion diva. As Dr. Frank-n-Furter said, If you can dream it, be it!

What would you do if martins took your Mom? Would you miss her? This book has been criticized for not showing representations of working mothers, but what it does do is show kids to love before those you love are gone (thanks for the tip John B).

No comments: