where all are welcome but few will stay


8.30.2007

Our Media Runneth Over

I was going to attempt a Katrina anniversary response, but its being covered (ad nausea) by both mainstream and indy media. So maybe you come here for a little break from it all? Or maybe not...

Yesterday, while watching Brian Williams I think I hit my Katrina coverage breaking point. One of the articles keeping me from becoming too cynical and detached is Ken Foster's "We're All Oprah Fodder in New Orleans."Its a scathing look at the media's treatment of NOLA's residences (as if they didn't suffer enough). Today, via Pop Candy, I read the account of Chris Rose a first time author out of New Orleans who was asked to appear on the Oprah show, but was banned from talking about his book, "As Not Read By Oprah."

No comments: