where all are welcome but few will stay


1.17.2008

Vote 4 Flick

The first time I thought about discussing the Tracy Flick/Clinton video I came to the conclusion it was best to leave it alone. I hadn't seen the video but thought for sure a guy is responsible for this. A woman with any sort of political ambition is going to be compared to Tracy Flick's character in Election because its an easy way to make her look hysterical. Finally, this morning I gave into the temptation and looked at the video. And you know what, just like at the end of the movie. I actually want Tracy Flick to win because, as long as we are on the same side, I think Flick is the candidate who would be willing to do whatever it takes to get things done. And right now, that's what this country needs a candidate who is going to be able to fix a lot of what has been undone.

And if we are going to use Election to heighten our candidate's profiles in this presidential election couldn't Bush's presidency be viewed as what would happen if Paul Metzler defeated Tracy Flick? I mean wouldn't the nation then be just like crying for a president like Tracy Flick? And really isn't that the position we find ourselves in now?

No comments: