where all are welcome but few will stay


6.23.2007

Last Night T.V. Saved My Life


I started working this week and quickly realized that this isn't what I thought it was going to be. Needless to say Interwebbers, my search for the dream job will continue. When you haven't worked for a while working again is always a shock to the system. I really needed a break last night and some good mindless t.v. Working sucks.

Luckily for me hope came in the form of Flight of the Conchords. HBO's new Sunday night show about two guys from New Zealand and their digi-folk band. I was so ready for t.v. along the lines of Age of Love or Hell's Kitchen it being summer my expectations weren't very high. Instead I got t.v. along the lines of 30 Rock and Extras. With tears welling up in my eyes, as I sipped my second mojito, all I could eek out was, "th th thank you HBO, thank you." This is t.v. done Wes Anderson style (I'm stealing my friend John's clever observation). Visually "FOTC" is just fun to watch add to that silly yet brilliant songs and musical segues, and you have genius...pure genius.

If you don't have HBO (like me) and you don't have a friend with HBO (like John) than head over to HBO's site and watch the entire episode online. Its worth the effort.

No comments: